Installing Vista Beta 2 on Inspiron 5100
I have switched completely to windows vista. currently, I am using Beta 2. I had few problems in figuring out some of the things. However, I did find an answer to those problems over the time. I intend to share the answered/unanswered problems related to Vista Beta 2 in this post. I am sure as I use more of the Vista, I will have more questions and I hope to share them here as I go along.
Some useful resources:
Windows Vista Beta 2 software compatibiliy list:
http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Beta_2_Software_Compatibility_List
Windows Vista RC2 software compatibiliy list:
http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List
Changing the User Profile folder location:
From Joshua Mouch's blog
Accessing true administrator account
Accessing the true administrator account in Windows Vista:
http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9001970
Installing Cisco VPN Client, Release 4.8:
Issue:- Error popups, while Installation:
- Setup failed to properly install Cisco Systems service software
- Setup failed to properly install Cisco Systems service software (again??)
- Error loading C:\Windows\system32\csgina.dll. The specified module could not be found
- Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the client. Reason 440: Driver failure. Connection terminated on: Oct 10, 2006 19:04:09
The new release of CISCO VPN client works well with Vista (Dec 14, 2007).
How to Map Network drive
Issue: In Windows XP, the option to Map Network drive is in Tools menubar of Windows Explorer. However, in Vista I do not see the Tools menubar when I go to Explorer.
Solution: The menubar in the Explorer can be hidden/unhidden by pressing Alt key. So if you cannot see the menubar, press Alt key to unhide it.
No Signal from PC to Projector:
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=25094
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/stream/output_protect.mspx


3 Comments:
Did you ever find a resolution or work around for the Cisco VPN client issue? I'm seeing the same thing in the RTM release.
Install the MSI Version of the client, seems to work.
Darksied9
Hello,
When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here chandreshatwork.blogspot.com. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Research indicates that nearly 60% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.
About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.
Post a Comment
<< Home